Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bergen Up To Bat

I waited my whole life for this day. The day I could watch one of my grandchildren play baseball. And, to top it off, it was a beautiful, warm spring day.

The kids are only 5 years old and her team consists of 2 girls and the rest boys so the girls are gonna have their job cut out for them as some of those boys really take the game seriously.

It took a couple tries, well, three to be exact, but she finally got off a good smack and almost made it to first without being tagged. No one keeps score and there are no winners or losers, it's just a time to learn the game, to learn about teamwork and to have a whole lot of fun.

I was so impressed with all the the young fathers who helped. They were so patient and gentle. I think the noisiest voice was probably me. I, for some reason, was always a little too vocal at my kid's games, in fact I do remember one time one of my fellow screaming mothers and me being asked to leave by the umpire and us begging him to let us stay if we promised to keep quiet.

Oh boy...this is gonna be fun :o)

No comments: