Thursday, September 10, 2009

Morning Coffee


My friend and I took a drive and a ferry boat ride to Friday Harbor this week. He had never been and I hadn't been back for 26 years. Not since my youngest was 4 years old and the older boys were fishing with their dad at the "salmon banks".
To my surprise, when I opened the drapes early in the morning to see the view, there, below us were my son's boat. I knew they were fishing on the banks two days before, but hadn't heard that they got two days, plus they were getting two more after a day off. Of course that meant they would just run into Friday Harbor to wait.
We made the long walk out to the boats and joined the fellas for a nice hot cup of morning coffee.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I recently met you son Nick, and wanted to let you know you've raised an AMAZING & WONDERFUL man! I look forward to reading your recent posts about his fishing adventures. He's always in my thoughts, and I wish him and his brothers--safe travels & calm seas!!