Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bathroom ala Azerbaijan


Sis sends me a picture of the bathroom at her school and still I can't see what one looks like. She also sent a pix of sheep eating outside the door of her house and now I understand why people there take off their shoes and slip on house slippers before entering.
Here's her description of the bathroom and life in general...
If you go to the right there are 2 "stalls", with holes in the floor....try to hit that!! Behind the door, is another hole in the floor.. You don't linger in the bathroom. No mirrors, hot water, etc. You just do your duty and run!!
Yucky here today.....dreary, grey, misty... and I guess it's like this most of the winter. We have lots of mud/puddles, etc. In fact we had to talk about our route to school "turn right, go two blocks, turn left, etc. (no one has addresses cause they don't recieve mail) directions are very important!! So, Judy and I had fun with "go two blocks, through the potholes, over the garbage ditch, etc" Life is interesting. Showers are seldome, pooing standing is a treat, wiping your backside with one leg in the air to be able to reach, etc... funny. You just roll with it. People are clean, so I guess they can do it better than me!! Today I'll stop by the bazaar and get some carrots and make a salad....usually it's just soup with some meat and potatoes, for dinner........ then there is always LOTS of sugary things. Everyone has gold teeth. Maybe I'll come home with a "gold grill".
Today, if I do nothing else...I am going to clean my toilet til it sparkles and thank God that I live in a land where we are king of our castle and all have a "throne".
Something completely different and so sweet.

No comments: