Monday, April 11, 2011

Denali Menu

I came across these precious puppies yesterday while poking through stuff. I think I could possibly become a hoarder if I don't exercise some self control. The husky pups and other husky pictures with names such as Blizzard, Smokey, Wolf, Jack, Mageik, Cheechako and Rye, were painted by a young "territory" of Alaska artist Josephine Crumrine, for the menus on the Alaska Steamship ships that carried passengers and I've been saving mine since we sailed on the Denali in December of 1952, bringing them out occasionally when retelling the stories of our great Alaska adventures. Our ship pulled into pier 42 in Seattle, and when I googled it, there is no longer a pier 42....it seems piers 39-46 were long ago filled in and covered over to become one huge container shipping port. So much for history :o( I see the menus for sale on ebay and assorted places, but I wouldn't part with mine for any amount of money. Though I do have a letter Governor Egan wrote to me that might be worth something...hmmmm.

No comments: