Friday, May 17, 2013

Daddy's card

I don't usually pick the kids up at school, but at the last minute, Ing's daddy called and asked if I could run up and get the girls since he was knee deep in paint. I was more than happy to oblige. As Ing came out the door wearing a huge smile and  carrying the giant blue birthday card that she and the rest of her classmates had made for her daddy, and expecting to see daddy waiting there for her, there I was :o(   My heart broke when I saw the disappointment on her face.  But, it all worked out in the end. Once we were back at  my house, she taped the beautiful card onto my front door, and then we all watched as he came to pick her up. He looooooooooooooooved it and it made up for the abrupt change in plans earlier in the day.

1 comment:

Pat said...

That is so sweet. Let me think, how old is Andy now? Does 47 sound right?