Sunday, August 18, 2013

Eighteenth Century Drawing Room


Just for fun, here is a recording I made of the solo I used to play in high school. I found the exact verson on youtube the other day and played along, recording it with my trusty digital recorder. Mr. Cozart, our music director, gave a few of us band members music to work on and then off we went to one of the schools to play and be graded. I don't remember if I did well or not, but any excuse to get out of school was always fun.   One of the girls in my class was the designated accompaniest. Her name now is  Jeanine Jacobson and she went on to become quite an accomplished pianist and professor. Me, I am still trying to play that darn song :o)

And...a must read for anyone not happy with the way things are going in our country...maybe there is a way to turn things around.

No comments: