Monday, February 17, 2014

Belfair State Park

I went for an over night adventure in a 32 foor motor home a couple days ago. Our destination was only about 45 minutes from home, but it was definately another world. We found the last spot with a water view to "tie up in" and once in place, the excitement began. Rain came down in torrents, nonstop, until morning and no sooner did the folks across from us get a nifty canopy set up, tiny lights and all, hurricane force  winds came up and either blew it away or they managed to get it down and stowed before it set sail. We were snug as bugs in a rug and had all the comforts of home, but if morning hadn't brought sunshine, I think I might definately have gotten cabin fever. We took a brisk walk around the entire park in the chilly morning sunshine, checked the swift flowing rivers on both sides of the park, and watched nature at her finest. That was my first time in a motor home and I think I just may be up for another, if invited :o)

No comments: