Sunday, March 2, 2014

Different world

It's a different world than the one in which I grew up. The girls spent the night here so mama and daddy could attend a retirment party for a friend and in the "old days", they would have parked themselves in front of cartoons while waiting for granny to fix pancakes, but this morning it was an iPad for each, with Bergen doing what she does on hers, and Ingrid using mine to play the scrabble games that I play with her other grandmother. When I was their age, the only electric "toy" we had was a radio, filled to the brim with tubes,  which we listened to on Saturday morning or during the day to soap operas when sick, but only if our moms didn't know. Ingrid and Bergen are terrific readers so I guess these tech toys aren't harming that endeavor. All I can say is...I wonder what we will be doing ten years from now !!!!

No comments: