Friday, May 29, 2009

Purdy in 1948


I dropped my car off early this morning for new brakes and decided to walk home via the Cushman Trail. At the beginning of the trail are some pictures and information about the trail as to where it starts and where it ends. I guess it probably ends in Purdy, because as you can see, the power lines go across water and it's tough for anyone other than Jesus to get across without getting very very wet.
I loved this picture because it brought back so many memories of how things were when I was 8 years old. The old sawmill is the huge building to the right of the bridge, the grocery store that dad ran in the late 50's just to the left of the bridge....and best of all.....just above the car is the old dining car where we used to enjoy a meal from time to time.
It is barely visible, but it's there, with a section of it hanging over the edge above the water.
I heard that it went to it's grave on that spot.
I am sure glad Frank Shaw took so many wonderful pictures of the harbor and surrounding areas and it behooves us all to do the same.

No comments: