Saturday, June 18, 2011

Twins

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I grabbed my camera and walked along the waterfront to check out the changes that have taken place over our long, wet winter months.
The Modoc has been tying up in the harbor for years. Two weeks ago, her twin arrived and is now anchored just off her stern, which makes for an easy picture of the two.
They were originally ocean going tugs, for the Navy, but now belong to private owners and would certainly make great homes.
I think the highlight of my walk was visiting with an older gentleman who had recently been widowed. He was sitting in the sun on a picnic table bench at Jerisich Park and as we struck up a conversation, we found we had known lots of the same "old timers" in the Purdy and Wauana area where I grew up and where he raised his family. He said he usually comes down in the afternoon about the same time when the weather cooperates and to come by again. That I will do :o)

No comments: