Monday, October 3, 2011

Pastel Portrait

Jacob is all snuggled  in among the pillows on my couch to watch one of his favorite movies, "Annie". I don't remember what I did when I stayed at my grandma's house when I was 2 1/2, but I have no doubt it  was  fun. Quite possibly the coolest thing in her house was the garbage drop from the inside of the cupboard next to the sink into the garbage can in the basement below. Or, maybe it was the cool wood storage section next to the fireplace with the door that shut which made it a great place for all of us kids to squeeze into and  hide :o)  As we got older, another huge treat was when grandpa would show us the home movies  he took of us kids. Life was so  simple then,with very few "toys", but we had the beach, the woods, and each other, what more could anyone need or want.

No comments: