Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

2011 came and went in the blink of an eye so I imagine 2012..there...the first time I've typed 2012....will do the same. My youngest got married, my three grandchildren have grown like weeds, Len made it through a very difficult year, but made it through, and I am still able to do most of what I set out to do....though I don't set out to do a lot of things that I don't want to do and blame it on ..cause I'm old :o) 
My hopes for the new year are that all stay healthy and happy, that plenty of fish swim into my son's nets, that we have an easy January and February weatherwise, that Ingrid loves kindergarten, that summer is warm and we can spend lots of time in and on the water, that our orchestra keeps on making wonderful music, and that I can finally grow beets.

Alfred Lord Tennyson.
The strifes and sadnesses and laughter and joy and work and play and songs and silences of another year are now sealed up and put aside and stored away in the attic of memory. And now the new year with its prospects and menaces, its tediums and discoveries, its old friends and new ones, comes faintly into view.

No comments: