Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ivan

I remember taking my youngest two to the B and I store on South Tacoma Way when they were little. We went there because they were fascinated by Ivan, the gorilla,who was locked inside a cage that sat among the many shops inside the huge complex. Maybe that is why I really don't like going to any kind of zoo, because Ivan always looked so sad sitting there looking out at us. I know it made us all very happy when we heard that Ivan had finally found a new home at the Atlanta Zoo. It wasn't long ago that Ivan died and is free at last. This morning in the Tacoma paper, there was an article about the new book for children about Ivan that has just been published. I'm sure it's well done and worth the read, but I know the story so wont be spending any money on it. It's just toooo sad.

No comments: