Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back Yard Jungle

Here is another picture of our backyard, my little sis and our dog, Lassie. The building in the distance has Valdez Sheet Metal Works written on the front of it.
After looking at this picture, I now realize that the picture with the all the gloves hanging on the line were in the yard on the other side of the fence.
I wonder if we ever mowed that grass. I sure don't remember having to push a lawnmower around the way we had to at our house in Gig Harbor. We were convinced that our parents had children so they would have someone to mow the lawn and do the dishes :o)

4 comments:

FishTaxi said...

Did you know Patty McGill?

DeeDee said...

No, but we knew the Butchers who lived next door on the corner and the Parkers who lived across the street. Plus the Ashby's, Gilsons,Egans etc. In my class at school there was a Ferrier, Beachler, Kulstad, Rose, Striegel plus friends in the class above were Huddleston, White, Dieringer. I heard Jerry Zook was lost in the tsunami.

FishTaxi said...

I know Roger Kulstad (he was gone in the army during the tsunami but lost his mother on the dock where their cannery was. his dad, ol' bob, taught me how to can salmon. he passed in 1992)

Delbert Ferrier and his mother are still here. Red rode over the tsunami on his boat. Quite a story there.

Jean Huddleston lives at the senior center and lots of her kids around.

Now the Butchers, are you talking about Nat?

DeeDee said...

Jim Butcher...I think his brother was Nat...his mom was Fay and she made the best darn chili, but hotter than heck. We first noticed her when we would see her outside in her yard checking a wood box on legs every day. We later found out it was all about the weather. Such a nice person she was.