Monday, July 6, 2009

Porch Flowers


I couldn't help snapping this picture of my son's front porch and all the beautiful flowers. The house is very very old and used to belong to my aunt and uncle. It started out as one of three tiny, one room cabins along the bay. Through the years they added on as they needed room for their family of 6 and it ended up what it is today. My uncle did much of the work and even used some material that he found on the beach for support etc. One of the other cabins was used as his shop and the other was for storage. They are both gone now along with the pump house that stood over the well. I have such fond memories of the wonderful homemade rootbeer that "aunty Jean" made and stored inside the wellhouse to keep cold. It was an incredible place to grow up.

No comments: