Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Well Done or Medium Rare?


I-5 in Tacoma was covered with animal body parts yesterday afternoon in close to 100 degree sun when a rendering truck overturned. Traffic was backed up in the northbound lanes for hours.
The state DOT said the department responded to the scene with Incident Response crews, maintenance crews, a loader, a dump truck and two sanding trucks to clean up the mess.
"Crews reported the smell was horrendous."
Here is a comment in the paper by a driver who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...
samr1984 @ 03:51 - Tuesday, July 28th, 2009
I had the misfortune to be driving along that stretch of highway about a minute behind the truck around 6:05-6:10ish. As well as the misfortune to be in the far left lane, meaning there was no way for me to avoid driving... through it. Yes, there is literally cow intestine stuck on my Camry at this very moment, which I am going to have power-blasted off tomorrow bright and early. On the plus side, I managed to swerve around the rib cage and the various large internal organs strewn about that the above picture just doesn't capture the full impact of. All told, probably one of the most disgusting experiences of my life.

No comments: