Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sisters



We have been in the grips of a heatwave and my granddaughters spent part of the afternoon yesterday at my house trying to keep cool with a dish of vanilla and sherbet ice cream. Kinda like a dixiecup without the cup. I don't have A/C like they do, and entertained the idea of taking them back to their place while mama was out doing a random act of kindness, but we managed to stick it out here until she rescued them. To wile away the morning, we took a walk over to St. Nicks where folks were busy sorting through acres of used clothing and furniture, getting ready for the big sale Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My heart goes out to all those trying to sort through all that stuff because the temp. is 97.2 and rising. If it stays this hot through the weekend, they wont have to use the BBQ to cook the hotdogs that they sell...just slap them on the sidewalk and they'll be ready in no time. All I can say is....drink lots of water !!!!!

No comments: