Thursday, January 7, 2010

Afternoon of a faun

We had orchestra practice tonight and made our first attempt at playing Afternoon of a Faun. I'm thinkin we will need a lot of playing together to get this one any where near listenable. Wish I was the one playing the flute solo cause I love it, but guess I will have to just enjoy listening :o(

As one of our oboe players left practice...she commented that "tomorrow" she was going to be picking up a new english horn. Oh lordy, we are all so excited for her and for the continuing growth of and balancing out of our orchestra.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and turn off the sound and enjoy the sweet sound along with the pleasure of watching Stokowski direct on his 90th birthday. I love the way he gives a really good down beat...even mouths the count for them...what a joy it must have been to play under his direction.
Here is the second part.

No comments: