Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Amateur Garden Club


How fun it is to see The Amateur Garden Club building being used as a coffee shop. I've driven past that building all my life and never been inside until today when I stopped in to check it out and to show the little gal who works there where her great grandmother, Julia Skansie Babich, was in the picture they have hanging on the wall, of the club members on opening day in front of their new club house. The year was 1938 and my mother and aunt were also in the group.
They serve Caffe Vita coffee and pastries from Macrina bakery. There is also wifi and the location is right on Harborview which is great for walkers and for those who stop next door at the new historical museum and are in need of a sandwich or something to satisfy their sweet tooth.

1 comment:

Terry Heath said...

I enjoy finding places like this that put us in touch with history. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to stop by there soon!