Saturday, February 20, 2010

You Can't Go Home Again


This is so true....You Can't Go Home Again. It's an article about people returning to the home they either grew up in or lived in in the past and finding it altogether different from what they remembered.
When my sisters and I went east to a family reunion a few years ago, we were finally able to go into the house our dad grew up in in Bucksport, Maine. The last time I set foot inside was when I was age 3 1/2 and for over 60 years, the stairway went up the opposite side of what I remembered, a very large entryway. Was I ever surprised to find out that my brain had been playing tricks on me all those years. I doubt I will ever get the chance to go into the house again, but if I do, and if my memory is correct, I think that's a bathroom inside the door at the top of the stairs.

No comments: