Friday, May 20, 2011

Seward

The Diamond Princess was just easing up to the dock in Seward, Alaska this morning when I checked my favorite haunts. I kinda think this may be one of the first ships of the year and the weather doesn't look all that great. I visited with a fellow flute player at orchestra last night and she is planning a cruise to Seward and from there to Denali and finally home from Fairbanks the end of June. Later this summer she is going to see Ireland and Scotland by ship. Last fall she did the mexican riviera and Sea of Cortez. She has serious eye problems and has already lost the vision in one of her eyes with the other barely hanging in there so I think she is trying to see all she can just in case her good eye goes south and she wont be able to travel any more.

No comments: