Friday, August 12, 2011

Old Friends

Yesterday was one of those days you wish for, but are sad it's come and gone because it can never happen again.
56 years ago I said goodbye to my "first love" . We were living in Alaska and my folks decided we should move back to Gig Harbor. Course I was broken hearted because everyone who has had a first love knows how intense it can be and to think of never seeing each other again is devastating.
Well, thanks to the the world wide web, we were able to connect after so many years and he and his wife and granddaughter went out of their way to stop by yesterday for a quick visit. Both of us had held onto pictures taken so long ago and we shared them and filled in, as best we could, about where life has taken us over these many years. His wife is a gem, as she patiently listened to us jabber. I kinda think she and their granddaughter got a kick out of it all. Thanks again Doug and Janice for going out of your way to make it all possible. Oh...and I shared your candy with my friend and he loved it :o)

1 comment:

gloria said...

That is so cool, DeeDee!! What an amazing world we live in and you are so talented to figure out all this technology. (Love the music, too!)