Friday, November 23, 2012

Hat and gloves

We had a fun Thanksgivng day yesterday. It was my first being  more than ten minutes, at the most, from home, but this year's celebration took me to Edmonds with my middle son and his family for an incredibly relaxing  day with the other grandma and grandpa doing all the cooking except for a string bean casserole I had brought.. They live half the year in Petersburg, Alaska and the other half here in Washington. Talk about the best of both worlds.  It was all I could do to stifle the  guilt I felt as I sat and watched them do all the work :o) )  Before dinner and before the couple who had dropped in for a short visit and who live not far left for home, we played a game that is traditiion in their family.  They piled a whole bunch of gift wrapped items on the coffee table and we rolled dice, choosing a gift if we rolled doubles. Once the gifts were all off the table and in posession of whoever won them, the timer was set for five minutes and  we started rolling again for doubles but this time we chose  from whatever looked interesting that another person had.  By the time the clock ran down, those who had had a pile of gifts had almost none and those who had few had more. It was fun opening the packages to see what we had ended up with. I ended up with a package of dinner napkins, a roll of plastic wrap, a package of candy and a small lemon cake..oh..and I also got a knife sharpener that sticks to the cupboard that won't slide while being used. I gave that to the man of the house as he's into that sort of thing :o)  In the picture above, Bergen ended up with cute little head and hand warmers. She was totally fascinated with the fingers being uncovered so that she could still use her iPod. 
It was a really fun day and I think leaving home on Thanksgiving could prove to be one of the best ideas around ....thanks again Bob and Signe...it was such fun....and I am looking forward to pumpkin pie for lunch :o)

No comments: