Monday, March 4, 2013

Block House

For almost 73 years I have been passing this house on the other side of the harbor, and not once in all that time have I  been inside, until today. The young couple who bought the home has been busy redoing the hardwood floors, painting walls, putting in new windows and  redoing some of the kitchen and bathroom.  The view is to die for and there is surprisingly, a large yard. From what I have been told, years ago, the building used to be living space on top, and a bus barn below, with enough room to hold two buses. There is a wall lined with cupboards for tools etc, and long counters where the mechanics must have  done their work. If it were my home, I'd knock out the partition that was put in after they no longer used it for buses, and I'd make it a garage for my cars. It would also be a great basement for basketball hoops since the ceiling is so high.

No comments: