Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shenandoah

Phew...our concert is over...St. Pat's is over....some yard work has been done... and that is why I haven't checked in for a bit. This morning my hands are stiff and sore thanks to pushing the lawn mower for the first time this year, plus sawing a bunch of small trees that are starting to block my view of the Tides Tavern :o)  I have a handy dandy power saw that does quick work on things, but it's kinda heavy so I think today I will take a break. Oh..and our concert was great. The Chamber Orchestra from Stadium High School joined our strings for Brandenberg Concerto #3, then the students played a piece by Mendelssohn...those kids put us to shame :o(  and most were only sophmores.
The music they played was long haired, but when we less civilized folks joined the strings...it was nothing but one big party...well...at least after the beautiful oboe solo by Mary Lou Hunt in Celtic Concerto....well to be exact...10:16....  The audience loved us and wanted more....which they will get on June 8th..same time...same place :o)
Oh...and here we are...the rowdy bunch...as it sounds from under my chair :o)
Oh..and you might be wondering why the boat pix...well..I just like it.

No comments: