Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fuzzy friends

It's not your eyes it's the picture....very very fuzzy....and that is how my brain feels this morning after partying with old classmates at our annual reunion. There were 12 from our class and I think we won again for attendance. Len's class definately is the winner for the most who have passed away. We always have a great time and plan on doing it again next year...at least those of us who are still among the living.
I think the highlight of the evening was talking to a 1953 graduate I had never met, but had played flute next to his brother in the high school band when I was still in middle school.  I was somewhat petrified being with all the older kids, but the brother managed to put me at ease and I never forgot him or his name. When I  noticed a name tag with the same name last night, I struck up a conversation and was I ever glad I did. I caught up on his brother, and gave him a message to deliver from me. But, the best part of our conversation lead us to Alaska and how I remembered that there had been a Morford working on one of the ships that came into Valdez. How I knew that, I don't know, but I asked  if it had been his brother or him...as it turns out...it was him. He was absolutely delighted to hear that story. Oh..and he was a steward on the Tonsina. 

No comments: