Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Peace Corps


My little sister has always had the travel bug. This picture of her was taken somewhere in south France when she and mom were off on one of their jaunts. Mom had purchased a Volkswagen in Germany, she and sis went over to pick it up, toured for 6 months, then all came home by ship.
Her first trip was at age 16 when she went with a bunch of young people to bike through europe and has been many times since, to Latvia to visit her son when he was teaching there, to Russia, and to Ireland to find our family roots.
Ths time she will be going at taxpayers expense, will have a two year committment and is still waiting to hear where she'll be sent, though she thinks it may be the Caucuses.
She is no longer a spring chicken, but feels there is something she can still do to help others. More power to her! I will be here at home in my cozy little shoebox house, enjoying my hot shower each day, making as many memories with my grandchildren as I can before I croak and looking forward to hearing about her adventures.

1 comment:

FishTaxi said...

Wow, went all the way to Germany to purchase a Vdub, drive it around and come back by ship. How fun!