Friday, March 27, 2009

Sorry


Remember the game, SORRY !!!
Yesterday my 5 year old/young granddaughter
spent the afternoon with me. After our usual tuna sandwiches, and sherbet icecream, topped with strawberries....doesn't everyone eat it that way????... we did our usual artwork, then, when we'd had enough, I remembered the game of Sorry that has been tucked away in the hall closet for years. After gathering all the necessary parts and pieces, which aren't many, we got started.
She knows her numbers and can count past 12, so we were set, other than me trying to remember the rules as the box the game came in is long gone and the rules with them. It's amazing how things come back when you start playing.
I had vowed never to play that game ever again as my youngest and I must have played it a gazillion times when my hubby was in the hospital going through treatment for the dreaded C. It was a long 6 months, without a happy ending, but playing with Bergen, some 24 years later, it has taken on a wonderful new feeling , other than her beating the snot out of me.

1 comment:

Shippics said...

More wonderful memories for your granddaughter. How very nice.