Friday, November 11, 2011

Daffodil Parade

 My sis recently sent some old slides that mom took years ago and this 1958 picture of the Peninsula High School band was among them.  Mr Cozart was our teacher/director and he thought it would be great  fun if some of the band members played the glockenspiel in the annual Daffodil Parade. I was one of those chosen, along with at least 3 others, who strapped those heavy contraptions to shoulders and practiced our hearts out.  I don't remember the song, but have mentioned many times through the years what  fun we had marching along Pacific  Avenue, streets lined with admiring smiles, always on the watch for horse poop and loving every plinking minute of it.
Today, as I watch my fellow musicians haul their heavy instruments in and out of practice, I really am thankful, especially as I get older, that I play the flute :o)

No comments: