Sunday, December 18, 2011

Concert a success :o)

It is over, it was fun, and as always, it's sad to say goodbye to the music that's been such a big part of our lives for the past three months. We had a good crowd and by the sound of the applause, they enjoyed all of our music.  I put together a few of the songs that we played, but left out a couple, plus the Brandenburg Concerto No. 1.  They did a great job of it...by they, I mean the rest of the orchestra except for the flutes and some of the brass.  It was fun to close my eyes and hear the sound of the harpsichord being played which is something I'd never heard up front and close before. I truly felt that I had gone back in time, oh, say, a couple hundred years. 
Just for fun, here is a video of a few songs that we did...and remember, my digital recorder was in a bag under my chair, that the flutes sit smack dab in front of the trumpets and french horns and none of us are professionals, we play because we love makin music.  Enjoy :o)  Oh..and be sure and listen at 20:50...of course it's the flutes, but I think we make a nice sound  together :o)

No comments: