Thursday, October 16, 2008

Toilet Tips


My friend and I put in a brand new toilet in my basement. The old one put in 41 years of faithful service before it croaked. Somehow the tank cracked right down the middle and I discovered it when I stepped into a pool of clean, clear water. What a relief it was to find the crack because my mind had conjured up all kinds of theories as to why there was a new swimming pool in the basement.
It is an American Standard, made in Mexico. My gosh, you'd think it would be cheaper to make them in this country, considering the cost of shipping an item as heavy as a toilet.
With the first flush, I now know what people are talking about when they say it isn't really a water conserver cause it takes two flushes to do a really good job. Anyone going to Canada any time soon?

No comments: