Sunday, December 7, 2008

Concert Is Over


Our concert is over, it was a success, and now comes the mourning period, having to say goodbye to our music and be away from a wonderful bunch of people for a whole month.
When we begin practicing new music, we look at it feeling we will never be able to play it. After a few weeks, there's hope, and by the night of the concert our confidence is back.
I was amazed at how many were able to sing along with the Messiah..especially the beautiful voices of the men in the audience. I have to admit that I had only heard the Halleluja ....the rest was new to me. Thanks to one of our violin players who taught at UPS, there were songbooks to borrow for the evening. I was also amazed at how many children were able to sit through the 45 minutes of the Messiah.....we didn't do all of it ~!!! Their reward was lots of your every day Christmas music that everyone was invited to sing along with.Of course being a flute player, Sleigh Ride was my favorite.
It was a fun evening, and we are all looking forward to our next concert in March where we will feature "march" music.....ya get it...marches in March !!!!!

No comments: