Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Out the window



This is what I saw yesterday from my kitchen counter. Somebody did some serious pillow shaking during the night and with that, dawn broke with some dandy photo opportunities. I managed to get to the store, thanks to the kids and their 4 wheel drives and joined the rest of the deranged mob trying to get as much as we could remember for the coming days. As we started to back out of our parking spot, two young women, one carrying a baby, were struggling with a shopping cart so full, that they weren't able to roll it over the icy ruts. In a blink, son and the fellow in the car next to ours rushed over, carried the many bags to their car, pushed the cart back and they were on their way, mighty thankful that kindness still rules. Today I will go again for meds for my friend who is totally trapped at the top of his ski chute driveway. It's hell to get old and worry about running out of our drugs, though we are all so thankful that we are warm and safe at home and not stranded at the airport or Greyhound bus depot, wondering if we will ever get home for Christmas. This will be a Christmas many will never forget.

3 comments:

Matt Thomson said...

Amazing how pretty it is! I made the mistake of checking out Target and Costco today, then over to Borders at the Uptown Center. I was dumb enough to think nobody else would try the roads. I think maybe 2 folks from Gig Harbor stayed home, the rest were out shopping!

FishTaxi said...

wow, you are getting some snow!

Your blog is awesome DeeDee!!

Keep up the good work. I'll try once I'm settled. Moving is such a chore.

Merry Christmas. I bet you are dreaming of a GREEN Christmas now:)

DeeDee said...

I hope all works out for you. In my usual selfish way, I would hate to see you stop blogging as I have enjoyed your daily entries. Alway something of interest. As for moving, I have been in the same house for almost 42 years and the thought of moving sends chills up my spine. Hopefully my kids will have to deal with al my junk at hopefully a much later date.
May the spirit of Christmas bless you during your transition. :o)