Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Slumdog Millionaire


If a good movie is what you've been waiting for, give Slumdog Millionaire a look see. We spent the extra money because it was in the VIP section of the theater, the section where only adults are welcome, where they sell alcoholic beverages, and where everything is supposed to be roomier and more comfortable which is all a bunch of silliness, but...the movie was well worth the extra price and my frugal friend stopped grumbling soon after the movie started. Prepare yourself to be overtaken by emotions as varied as joy, pity, happiness, anger, revulsion, surprise, and an exhilarating conclusion rarely seen in movies anymore. It is an indian movie and there are scenes where I had to look the other way, but because it ended just the way I wanted, I came out feeling good. I also count my blessings that I don't live in Mumbai, never lived in Mumbai and don't ever want to live in Mumbai or even visit. I can't imagine being constantly surrounded by so many people.

No comments: