Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Artesian

When I was very young, I spent quite a bit of time at my grandparents home and one of the memories that stands out like none other is the day the well driller hit water!! It was an artesian source and I can still picture the geyser spraying higher than the roof top...with bits of clay and water flying everywhere. Grandpa, standing on the right in the picture,  was very generous and through the years, at least 9 homes used water from the well. Hopefully there will always be enough sweet, pure water for those who need it and I must say, it's a treat to have an occasional drink from it after being on the Gig Harbor water system for so many years :o) I am not sure where we got our water before the well was drilled, but I do know we lived next to a creek with a culvert that ran under the road  resulting in  a small "water fall", plus there was a ram in the creek,  so maybe we got water right from the creek.

2 comments:

Matt Thomson said...

DeeDee, sorry I lost your email but my Gig Harbor calendars are ready. I can drop them by your house or you can pick them up from my office!

DeeDee said...

Matt,I will stop by your office...looking forward to seeing them and meeting you :o)