Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ask and you shall recieve


My boatnerd friend sent me this pix of the Saginaw...another canadian lake boat with my favorite paint job. It is at the dock in Marquette, Michigan loading taconite. What is taconite you ask? Taconite is greatly diluted iron ore concentrated into pellets of 64% iron with clay binding. These small round taconite pellets can then be shipped economically from the Michigan ports of Marquette and Escanaba to steelmakers around the Great Lakes.
Maybe one day I will get the chance to join my friend, armed with our trusty cameras and take my own pix of these hard working ships.

2 comments:

andrew said...

Hey, come on over! We could have such a great time chasing ships!

DeeDee said...

Wouldn't that be fun :o)I don't know what it is about things that float, but I love them!!!