Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2001


It was 7 years ago today that things changed so dramatically in our country for so many people. I would equate it with the death of John Kennedy, internationally and for those of us who live in the Puget Sound area, the Nisqually Quake or the Columbus Day storm of "62". Events like that are embedded in our brains, never to be forgotten. I remember hearing on the radio when I got up that one of the towers had been hit by a plane, so rushed over to turn on the TV just in time to witness the second tower being hit. After following it for what seemed like hours, I decided to get out of the house and go for a walk, which took me down to the dock. It was a beautiful morning as you can see from the picture I took and even though all the planes were to get out of the sky, there were still vapor trails above from some still heading to their destinations or some airforce planes no doubt doing their job of keeping us safe.
Even after all that we've been through, it's still a Wonderful World.

No comments: