Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 1960


I kinda think this was our 1960 Thanksgiving dinner. Dad had died suddenly the year before which is why I don't see him in the pix. Mom is at the head of the table with her back to the window, my sis is in the striped top next to her and I am next to sis in the white blouse. Our younger sis only managed to get her nose and one eye in the pix. :o)
We always got together with our cousins on special occasions, which was easy, as they lived within walking distance from us. Driving distance if carrying something heavy.
Mom was good about inviting other folks who had no family to come join us and they always got one heck of a meal as she and her sis, who is seated next to her, were fantastic cooks. No wonder I had such chubby cheeks. :o(

No comments: