Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rossi For Governor


Yesterday was an interesting day. It started off with a visit to my friend's Dr. for a follow up on his CAT scan. Then to lunch, he had a hot turkey sandwich and I had a hamburger, then it was off to the Dino Rossi rally. Dino was there to meet and greet folks and give his stump speech. 8 years ago I voted for Gore, 4 years ago I voted for Bush and this year I realized I have become pretty much republican, though I do vote for a democrat if I feel he/she is a better candidate. Why anyone would want to put themselves through what politicians go through unless there is a really big payoff or they are saints is beyond me!!!
On the way home from the rally we stopped at the humane society and checked out the many cats and dogs. There were all kinds of every size, color and breed, but the one that caught my eye and was already spoken for was a beautiful male Golden Retriever. He understood every word I said to him and would have squeezed through the chain link fence if it had been at all possible. I didn't get up close to or carry on any kind of conversation with the many pit bull mixes. There is just that look in their eyes that sends me in the opposite direction. There were lots of small dogs, but I have never liked small dogs. Maybe it's that awful high pitched bark or maybe it's because you can't pat them on the back without bending over as they walk beside you.

No comments: