Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Little People

While reading our daily paper online this morning, I remembered to check on one of my favorite local bloggers. She is a talented writer, in fact so talented that she is actually linked in the TNT.
I scrolled down to the story titled, It's The Little Things and immediately identified with her passion for collecting. I too have a collection of little things and they sit on top of the old china cabinet that was my grandmother's, which by the way, is filled with the china that she left me when she died.
The most special of my little people is the geisha doll that dad brought back from one of his trips to Japan. His ships traveled to many a port and many a gift he brought home to my sis and me. There were dolls from south america, a fez from India lined with a 1940's newspaper mentioning how the war was going, a tiny silver bracelet from Peru and wooden geta (clogs) from Japan to name a few.
I can tell you where each little "thing" came from sitting atop the chest, including the Matryoshka doll that my sis brought from Russia , and none is so precious that it can't be touched by the little hands of my grandchildren :o)

No comments: