Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away


Yesterday, torrential rain fell continually, resulting in rivers overflowing their banks, flooding highways, homes and businesses. Again, I am so thankful that I live in a home on a hill. In fact a hill with a view of the harbor, but as you can see, it is slowly disappearing, thanks to the city insisting that douglas firs be planted all along the property line of the office building that was constructed about 3 or 4 years ago. I pleaded with the planning commission and all who would listen, but to no avail. Each year my view is blocked a bit more by the scraggly branches of those miserable trees, and each year I struggle to suppress the desire to grab my trusty chainsaw and go completely berserk!!! What I need is a hitsquad....anyone interested ?????

No comments: